Table of Contents
The plumbing system is the most intricate arrangement in your home. The issues in it are inevitable when you do not care about its functions. Plumbing problems comes in different forms and sometimes can be easily solved with a simple technique. While others require expert plumbing repair services. Whether it is the water continuously leaking from the faucets or the blocked sewer system. All plumbing problems have to be handled by professionals.
Even if you find a temporary getaway with the plumbing issue. Now you have to book the services of trained plumbers at some point. Professionals have the skills to understand and get to the root of the plumbing issue. And fix it for once and for all. The plumbing issues in your home not only creates hindrance in your routine work by limiting the water supply but also damages your property as the underlying water piping issues affect the walls and flooring.
There is nothing more dreadful than opening the faucets with no water coming out or the water heater that does not heat up efficiently in the cold winter days. Undetected plumbing issues in your home make waste gallons of water each year without you even realizing. The unnoticeable plumbing issues or even the plumbing issues you ignore for the time being can cost you major chunks in the future. Therefore, noticing the signs of plumbing issues early can save you from major expenses in the future.
Don’t let the plumbing issues reach a breaking point and empty your pockets with the repairing costs. While most of the plumbing problems can only be solved with professional care but you can fix some plumbing issues in your home providing you employ the methods mentioned here with caution.
Here are the plumbing problems that you can solve without professional plumbing services.
Leakages in drain pipes
Drain pipes are everywhere in the plumbing system, some can be seen, while others are hidden under the walls. Leaking pipes are common issues and when these leaking happens in the underlying pipes in the walls, they cause damage to your property and increase the plumbing repair cost. If you have an old plumbing system, then you are more likely to experience leaking pipes since old pipes are made of copper, which are prone to corrosion and does not function effectively in high temperatures.
To deal with leaking pipes:
- Try wrapping the cracks with insulating tape and keep on checking your pipes for leakages.
- Get the blueprint of your piping, and thoroughly inspect for leaks even in the basement or other hidden areas.
- Drain the exterior pipes nearby your building, turn on the faucets in the garden to get rid of excess water that keeps on accumulating each day.
- If the piping of the water heater has become rusty due to leakage or deterioration, then it is time to replace it to prevent the bursting of pipes.
Water leaking from faucets
Continuous drops from the faucets is a sight that is evident in almost every home at some point. It is not just about the disturbing noise of the dripping faucets but the amount of water that gets lost each day when you ignore this situation. Avoiding fixing this problem costs a lot since you have to pay for the repair service and you lose a lot of water during this time. Dripping faucets happen due to normal wear and tear or because of their accidental dislocation. You can easily fix the problem if you know the right tools to use.
To fix the dripping faucets:
- Replace the rings that surround the faucets. Detach the faucet handle and replace the ring since the worn out o-ring is the common cause of leakage.
- The cartridge of the problems is another reason why the faucets have lost its grip over the water supply. Again, get the faucet handle off and have the cartridge fixed or replaced.
It is quite normal to see the water slowly going down from the kitchen sink, however, you can run into major problems if you get comfortable with the slow drainage and do not care about fixing it. The main reason behind slow draining is a blockage that reduces the water flow. This blockage mainly happens due to the food and dirt residues that get stick to the base of the drain. Likewise, soap and hair remnants block the bathroom sink, this about the plumbing repair services.
Methods to unblock a clogged drain:
- Use a plunger to suck out the debris that may be residing in the sink pipe and blocking the water flow.
- Also, try cleaning the sink pop-up because it accumulates a lot of dirt that cannot be removed easily.
- Use a homemade drain cleaner that has baking soda, vinegar or a chemical solution for fixing the clogged drain.
Water heater problems
The water heater is the most important appliance in your home during winters. Usually, you notice in the water heater when the water takes a long time to heat or if the water pressure from the hot water faucet reduces. There could be a lot of problems that make your water heater lose its functional capacity. Probable causes for the faulty water heater its old age corroded pipes or build-up debris in the water tank.
To restore the functions of your water heater:
- Unplug your water heater and effectively clean its heating element.
- Try replacing the thermostat since temperature problems in the water heater could happen due to a problematic thermostat.
- If pipes are corroding, then get them replaced as rusty pipes disrupt the efficient water supply.
Problems in the sewer system
This is one of the worst plumbing problems to deal with because its implications are not only on your indoor plumbing but also on the other adjacent water units. Blocked sewer systems can give out multiple issues along with strong gas odors. The clogged sewer line causes all other drainages system to block as well. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to these problems and stop other major plumbing problems from emerging.
The most common signs indicating a problem in sewer lines are blocked toilets and flush and the gathered up water in other places of your home where there is a water supply. For dealing with a clogged sewer, the best solution is to get services from a professional plumber North Hollywood because it is a complex task that needs to be handled only by licensed plumbers. However, there are some plumbing repair services signs you can notice for a clogged sewer.
For dealing with sewer system problems:
- Never flush hard material since they get mixed with the mainline and contribute to sewer system blockage.
- Also, the food remnants in the kitchen sink are always one of the contributing causes of sewer system problems.
- If you have a lot of trees around your home, then it is common for you to encounter problems in your sewer system. The tree roots beneath the land can interrupt the sewer system flow and need to be corrected by professional plumbers.
Reduced water pressure
Another probable more irritating than a dripping faucet is the reduced water pressure. If your bucket takes half an hour to get filled, then this is a serious test of patience. This not only means you have major problems in your plumbing system but it wastes your precious time as well. Low water pressure makes the bathing and cleaning work dreadful. But still, we choose to deal with the problem than to take the strain of calling professionals to fix this problem. Whilst getting professional assistance is the only best thing to do, but you can still some techniques to increase the water flow.
To increase the water pressure:
- Try changing the faucets and shower handles that are loose or not functioning properly.
- Check the faucets in your bathroom or other areas that are leaking and fix them using the techniques mentioned before.
- There could be problems in the valve or piping of your home, get is checked by professional plumbing repair services if you cannot fix it.
Running toilets in your home waste a lot of water than you can imagine. Most of the leakages in the toilet are not discernible since we do not visit the bathroom area enough to notice the signs. There are also internal leaks in the water tanks that come into notice when a major water catastrophe happens. The water tank leaks happen when there is a problem in the flapper because it gets lose and does not shield the water tank properly.
To fix the toilet problems, you can get a kit that is specifically designed to fix the loosening rubber flapper. Getting professional plumbing repair services is the best option because intricate problems such as a running toilet require assistance from experienced plumbers. For maintaining the effective functions of your plumbing system, make sure to turn the main water supply before you get your plumbing system repaired by professional plumbers.
If you are planning to repair the plumbing issues yourself, make sure to dress up properly for the occasion since you are going to enter into a great mess. However, dial Urban Plumbers Co. near you to get positive results for your plumbing problems.