Table of Contents
It seems so crazy that anyone should still be required to know how to address a letter. As with the advancement in technology today, we can easily send a quick text to our friends or family. Even with the use of the internet, we can contact anyone through video calls, online chatting groups, etc. But it is considered that certain occasions come in every individual life when writing a letter is necessary or appropriate. Hence for those times, it is always beneficial if you know how to write a letter, when to send a letter or mail, and how to address an envelope successfully. Addressing a letter or envelope is not as very tough, but still, you have to address it carefully.
The new generation doesn’t even know about how to write a letter or address, because they don’t also have needed it in their entire life. Some people think that letter writing is as easy as online texting or chatting. But it is not as easy as people think it is. There are some specific guidelines for addressing an envelope successfully that every individual should follow while addressing an envelope. If you are confused about it, then you came to the right place. Here we are going to provide you the best ultimate guidance on how to address an envelope, with the top best tips.
Why is it Important to Address an Envelope Correctly?
If you want your letter easily reached to the recipient before the time duration you expect. Then you must have to address your envelope correctly and carefully. If you don’t know how to address an envelope, and blindly write an envelope then maybe it will become the cause of your problem. Here are some key points that become helpful for you to understand why it is important to address an envelope correctly-:
1. Commonly, every mail or letter delivery company will daily have thousands of mail or letters to deliver. The delivery team will have to go to great lengths for the delivery of so many messages daily. Even if they all have minimal time to deliver each letter before the deadlines, it becomes your responsibility to address it carefully so that the delivery team can easily understand the information you write.
2. If you want that, the letter doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. Then you should have to make sure to write the proper address of the receiver. So that the delivery boy can easily understand the address, and without any confusion, they can easily deliver it to the right recipient.
3. Are you sending the letter to your friend & family, lover, business partner, or penpal? So you have to write your letter according to the purpose of your letter so that your receiver can quickly grab the text in the same manner you write it. If you are writing a letter for business purposes, then you must write it in a formal style, but if you are writing a letter for your love once, then you can write it in a format as they wish.
4. If you are writing a very urgent formal letter but in quickness, you may write the wrong spelling of the recipient name and incorrect address. In such cases, delivery-boy may don’t be able to deliver it before the deadlines, so you have to write it carefully.
5. The reliability and speed of the delivery depend on how carefully and correctly you write the address of your recipient. Hence if you want your letter to reach your recipient without any problem according to your expected time duration, then you must have to make sure to write the recipient address on the envelope accurately.
The Top Best Tips on How to Address an Envelope-:
As we already discussed, most people don’t even have a piece of knowledge about how to write a letter. So they always ask the same question of how to address an envelope. Here we are providing the topmost tips that can work as a step-by-step guide for you that how to write an envelope-:
1. Postal stamp-:
First of all, you have to choose the correct or appropriate postal stamps according to the purpose of the letter, or the location where you want to send the letter. There are different postage stamps according to the different types of letter and location wise also state or central level.
Therefore you should have to make sure to get the right postal stamp according to the letter and attach it in the upper right-hand corner of the envelope.
2. Business name (business recipients only)-:
If you are writing or posting a letter to any office, then you have to include the business’s name very clearly. There are mostly businesses that are working out in the same building, but their offices are separate. Therefore if you mention the organization’s name, it will help the delivery-boy to find them quickly.
3. Department (business recipients only)-:
Similarly, if you are writing an urgent letter to a particular department of an office. Then you have to also mention the name of the department of the organization to those you want to deliver that letter. If you mention the name of the department, then without any barrier or confusion, delivery-boy can directly provide it to the head of the department quickly.
4. Full name of the receiver-:
There are three key points that you should have to to keep in mind while writing the name of the receiver-:
- Make sure that you are writing both the forename and surname of the receiver very clearly.
- If you are writing a formal letter for a business purpose, then it will be better if you use Mr. or Ms. just before the name of the recipient.
- In the case of a formal letter, it will become better if you mention the designation of the receiver.
5. Building name (optional)-:
It is not compulsory. In fact, it is optional if you don’t want to mention it, then you can easily omit it. But if you mention the building name of the receiver, then it will be helpful for the delivery-boy to find the receiver easily.
6. Full Address of the receiver-:
It is one of the most important points that you must keep in mind to make sure to write the correct or without-mistake to the address of the receiver. If you made any mistake or didn’t write the exact address of the recipient, then there are not any chances of delivery of the letter to the right person.
While writing the Address of the recipient, you must have to write the complete name of the receiver, their house number, street number, town or city, and the most important postcode of the area of the receiver. If you write the Address of the receiver by following these steps, then there are rare chances of any issue of delivery. Here make sure that the Pincode of the area must write in capital letters.
7. Return address-:
It is another one of the most important points that you should keep in mind while writing a letter. Make sure to include all the necessary information on the reverse side of the envelope. So that your letter can be returned if needed. Here you have to write your information such as your full name, mobile number, and proper address.
Some additional tips for writing ”ADDRESS AREA”-:
As we already discussed, that address is the most important part of an envelope. So you should make sure to write it very carefully. Here are some additional tips that you should follow while writing the address area of the envelope-:
- Write the address to the left side of the front side of the envelope.
- Make sure it should not consist of more than six(6) lines.
- Take care that it doesn’t leave too much space between different lines.
- Don’t underline anything in the address.
- Write the postcode of the area of the receiver in capital letters.
- Write the address with the use of the correct layout.
- Don’t try to write any extra or unnecessary information in the address section.
- Write the complete address by using the right font size.
FONT for Writing a Letter or Envelope-:
As we already provided you with the best tips or step-by-step guide on how to address an envelope successfully. At the same time, it is also essential to write the letter. And its address with the right or accurate font. Hence here are some tips regarding the font of a letter or envelope-:
1. Always use a simple and clear font. Don’t try to use the script, decorative, condensed, or ornamental fonts.
2. Don’t try to use heavy or complicated words.But make sure to choose too light or easy to understand words, for writing a letter or envelopes.
3. If you are going to address an envelope, then you must use a single font for the whole addressing.
4. For writing or address, an envelope the best font size is 10 to 12. So it will be good if you choose the font size of 10 or 11 or 12.
5. Make sure that any characters and any lines should not touch each other.
6. There are many recommended fonts for writing or addressing an envelope such as Courier, Tahoma, Verdana, Century, Arial, Tunga, Mangal, and Raavi.
In this blog we have mentioned all the detailed information about how to address an envelope that you should know. We have mentioned the top best tips on how to address an envelope, along with in-depth details. We also mentioned the best tips regarding fonts for a letter or envelope. Thus we hope that our blog will become very helpful for you and will clear all your doubts regarding how to address an envelope. With the help of this guide, you are easily able to address an envelope successfully.